Many women find that when it comes to breastfeeding it doesn’t necessarily come “instinctively”. During pregnancy so much focus and preparation is usually directed towards the actual labour/birth and sometimes the post natal period, however lots of women are a little shocked to find breastfeeding doesn’t always just “work”.
As a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant I have undertaken many years of breastfeeding specific study on top of my nursing/midwifery degrees to learn all about human lactation and the human infant and then sit and pass an international exam. I am very committed to working with my clients and reaching their individual goals when it comes to feeding their infants.
Some of the things I can help with include:
- Antenatal management plans (This is particularly helpful for women who are expecting twins or more, have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, are having a scheduled caesarean or have experienced problems previously.)
- Correct attachment/positioning techniques. Some times the simplest changes in positioning can be life changing in regards to comfort and continuing your breastfeeding relationship
- Damaged/Cracked Nipples
- Painful attachment
- Low milk production
- Overactive milk production/Forceful let down
- Reflux/unsettled babies/colic
- Tongue/lip tie diagnosis and management
- Low weight gain
- Insufficient glandular tissue
- Returning to work/expressing plans
I am available for both long and short consults at the My Own Midwife GC – Ashmore clinic and can discuss and help solve many issues.
To book an appointment please contact me via phone 0409 762 960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.